Castle of the Teutonic Order in Ostroda is one of the oldest and most interesting Gothic monuments located in Ostroda. The first prosecution stronghold situated at the confluence Drweca probably existed in the early fourteenth century, east of today’s castle. The first mention of the fortress dates from around 1300. It was probably building construction wood and earth. New defensive structure built in the years 1350-1370, during the reign of the commander of Ostroda Günter von Hohenstein. The castle was rebuilt and strengthened in the years 1407-1410 before the Battle of Grunwald, surrounded by a wall and a moat. Over the centuries the castle had many owners, he changed his appearance. After the previous archaeological research in 1977 construction work began on the restoration of the castle after the war damages. There are preserved medieval interior layout, including some Gothic cellars pedigree and cross vaults. Gothic nature is preserved also some basement room with cross-ribbed vaults with granite pillars at the base. Pointed windows and Gothic profiled portals ground and first floors were partially reconstructed also. Today the castle houses the Centre for Culture and Sport, museum and cafe. The museum has three exhibition halls with a total area of approx. 350 m2. It fulfills the role of the museum and the historic town of Ostroda region, has in its collection of objects from archaeological excavations, everyday objects and memorabilia connected with the life of people and important figures associated with the history of the city.