Ciechanowiec is one of the oldest towns in Podlasie, received the Magdeburg city rights around 1413, and the oldest preserved city documents come from the sixteenth century. Museum of Agriculture priest Krzysztof Kluk was founded in 1962, it is located in the palace and park from the mid-nineteenth century (the former family mansion Starzenski), rebuilt from the devastation of war in 1966-1969. The museum has nine departments: Ethnographic, Historical and Artistic, Skansen-Rural Construction, Agricultural Technology, History of Crop Production, History Husbandry and Breeding Livestock, Herbal Tradition, the Museum of Veterinary Medicine and Education and Promotion. Museum collected more than 28 000 exhibits (including over 300 agricultural machines and tools), which are presented to the public in 43 permanent exhibitions. In the Open Air Museum collected 47 historic buildings of wooden architecture (XVIII - early XX ) with fully equipped interior. The park landscape grows more than 100 species of trees and shrubs - including 19 natural monuments.